Friday 30 November 2012

beer store open

Funny, the other day I got a chance to try out my new snow tires in the white stuff. Bicycle snow tires, as my loyal follower knows.

A new job location for part of my job takes me outside the city limits to the next small town over. It is not far away from home - a measly eight or so km - but there is a one km stretch of the ride to work that is not very nice to ride on. Previously, I mentioned that some kind people, more local to where I work out of town, had mentioned that there was a nice trail (a piece of the Trans Canada Trail in fact) which connected the town to the city and would allow me to avoid this nasty stretch of roadway. They warned me that snow might be a factor for some of the winter since the trail is not winter maintained. They said that it is passable though because so many people use it.

er, drift anyone? and this from about 5cm of snow? three days after it fell and a lot melted?
It is very very possible that my rides to and from work might be a lot of fun. Or, at the very least, interesting...

Shortly after I took this picture, the snow all melted.

However, today, not so. Winter came back for what is promising to be a brief visit.

winter dropping by

winter dropping by
By Sunday, it is supposed to be not sunny, but rather cloudy, warm, and raining. Sigh.

That said it is early yet, and the mild flirtations we are having with winter are just enough to make getting around more fun and less humdrum.

What it is not early for though is some shopping for the upcoming holidays. I visited one of my favourite homes away from home today and took a look in the back store room while my vehicle was getting worked on and found something cool in amongst the stacks and stacks of boxes.

lookie what I found!
The above picture is a hint as to what SOMEONE at my house is getting this year.

Hint.
Hint.

That ought to make her happy, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment