Friday 10 December 2010

worth a watch

There is nothing quite like this guy: http://www.dannymacaskill.co.uk/videos/

I need to practice more (ok ok, not going to happen, but one can dream, right? Seriously, I would be happy to get my dirt skills back to where they were a decade ago - If I could do that next spring, I would be very very happy. I think I shall have to hit the trails at least once or twice a week and see what happens. Hopefully, I will get back my ability to crash and tumble all over the landscape without getting hurt...Thankfully, one of my best friends is interested in hitting the dirt again next year so I will have some company for some of it.)

In other news, my cold is finally almost better and I think that tomorrow I will head out and get a run in after a week off. Hopefully, I won't cough up any furry aliens from my lungs whilst out there in the cold. I should limit it to about 5km or so just to be on the safe(r) side.

Will let you know what happens!

Oh, and it would appear that my daughter is all pumped for spring - being eight years old, she is a true fan of snow (the more the better) but come spring, she is getting a Haro BMX bike from yours truly here. She has struggled with riding (like I did when I was her age) but really wants to get it right this year and hit the trails with her dad. What an honour:) It is something I am looking forward to immensely.

Cheers for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, ended up here after looking at your comments on my blog. I must say I'm pretty flattered to be the only blog in your list! I will savour that while it lasts.

    Anyway, may I humbly suggest that riding in snow is some of the most technically demanding stuff you can do, especially "trafficed" city snow? Do you ride in winter? Riding a mountain bike on snow keeps some of your dirt skills pretty sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not as of yet ride in the snow but will at a later date I am sure. I am "allergic" to putting either of my bikes in the snow and salt (well, the salt is the only real problem here...) but aim to get a winter beater at some point. Odds are, my commuter I am getting for spring time will end up being used all year round:) Something I look forward to very much.

    I was looking at my friends old Mongoose (the pre Walmart one) kitted out for winter going with some nice conti studded tires and thought hmmm, I really need to do up a bike like this because it looks like too much fun.

    Believe me, I have been sorely tempted by studded tires for my cross bike, but have not caved yet because of the salt.

    ReplyDelete