Sunday 10 November 2013

tim murton channels tim burton

I do admit it that when I saw the art installation in Elora this morning and saw who did it, that I had my doubts about whether or not the artist was, well, real.


But then, a little google action showed me this: this is the internet home of Tim Murton and it is real!!

Ok, I said. This is surreal.

"Come with us and you will see, This, our town of Halloween"


"This is Halloween, this is Halloween Pumpkins scream in the dead of night"
"Well, that's just fine
Say it once, say it twice
Take a chance and roll the dice
Ride with the moon in the dead of night"

"Everybody scream, everybody scream"
"I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
I am the wind blowing through your hair"
"I am the one hiding under your bed
Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red"
"This is Halloween, everybody make a scene
Trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright
It's our town, everybody scream
In this town of Halloween"
"Aren't you scared?"
"In this town, don't we love it now?
Everybody's waiting for the next surprise"

Tim Murton, you do Tim Burton very very well.

And, what I find very amusing about all of this, Elora is one of those towns which, near Christmas, you can often hear people singing...

"Here comes Tacky Claus, here comes Tacky Claus, right down Tacky Claus' lane..."

And that, dear reader, is the true Nightmare Before Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment