Saturday 26 January 2013

2013 Kona Jake the Snake

Photo Credit: konaworld.com
All I will say so far is that it is hanging on a hook at my LBS awaiting me to come over with the rest of the money for it. I was not planning the upgrade right now, but since Kona is out of stock and the store isn't, my plan for an April/May purchase went out the window. I came very close to getting caught out like that last time I went to buy a 'cross bike, and don't want it to happen this time.

Thankfully, my LBS likes me and is willing to hold it for me.

The bike is lighter, stiffer, and on the surface at least much nicer than my current Jake the Snake (a 2005) model which is wearing out and getting tired.

I am looking forward to spring now more than I was before if that is at all possible.

After I ride it a bit, I will indicate what I really like about it, and what I think might need work.

In the mean time, it is ORANGE!!!  *big grin*

1 comment:

  1. FYI- The weld on the drive side chainstay can interfere with using a larger big ring. But really, how likely is it you'll spin out a 104" gear?

    ReplyDelete