Sunday 28 November 2010

time to lay out some new goals

I am not a fan of new year's resolutions, and think them largely a sham designed to make people feel bad as they are encouraged to make promises they know they cannot keep, only to be made to feel a failure when the predictable happens and they fail. The whole concept is kind of like deliberately tripping someone, and then mocking them for a clutz.

So, it is in that frame of mind that I make the following fitness goals, today, on November 28th. There will be no pressure this way.

It is my goal this next calender year to run about 1500 km, and to bicycle about 5000km. This is not as outrageous as it sounds, and should be doable without really exerting myself too terribly much since I like to do those things. Where this will be challenging is that I want to drop back down to between 170-175 pounds (I am six feet tall.) That might be a bit tougher although really, it goes with the territory of the sports I participate in.

I figure I might as well report my progress here.

So, with all that in mind, here is my first mileage report:

Run: 12.02 km @ 10.72kmph taking 1:07:17 hours.
Bike: 0 km

Run km total:  12.02
Bike km total: 0

Cycling won't start again until the salt is off the roads again in the spring.


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment