Monday 10 August 2015

The Great Plan

I am good at making those...

I have decided that I am getting rid of some of my bicycles, namely, my Jake the Snake and my old Specialized S-works.

Turns out that I never ride the mountain bike and rarely if ever ride the cyclocross bike. The mountain bike beats me up too much and my Kona Sutra has effectively replaced the cross bike for what I was actually using it for while being more comfortable in the process. I also don't care anymore about going fast.

Comfort.

Hmmmmm...

I have been making jokes at work and elsewhere about how full suspension enduro / trail bikes are old man bikes. I have also been joking that I am now an old man.

I am ok with that.

I figure that if I am ok with replacing my cross bike - which was used on road and trail - with a slower, heavier, and much more comfortable touring bike, that the same logic should apply to my off road experience.

I miss riding off road. It is fun. There are a lot of people at the shop who love to ride off road. We want to ride together.

So, all I have to do is sell off two bikes and a few bits and pieces for what I can get for them and I will get a slower, heavier, and much more comfortable mountain bike: a 2016 Kona Precept 130 or 150, depending on where the wallet takes me.

With any kind of luck, I will be hitting the trails on my new steed as the leaves are turning and the forest becomes extra gorgeous.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan. It is nice to read you are back to riding (after that crash some months ago, you did not write that much about bikes or cycling).

    Anyway, I was wondering if you will sell the snake locally or if you consider selling it online (I'm looking for a companion for my Jake here ;-)). Maybe we could get in touch by email?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could be tempted to sell online yes. But, my bike is a 56cm bike which looks like it would be too big for you - your 53cm bike looks about right for you based on the pictures on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I missed the size from your posts. Too bad! Thanks anyway for the reply (and the visit to my blog). Good luck with the plan anyway!

    ReplyDelete